Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Fear of Public Speaking

I read the blog " Speaking From The Soul" by Karl Fisch on The Fischbowl. It is about how Mrs. Gerlich's fear of writing her blogs. She fears speaking about her feeling towards an article. Mr. Fisch said that she was an example ofsharing one's self to many others and building relationships with her students. Mr. Fisch said "It’s nothing less than inspiring."

I read this article because I can relate to Mrs. Gerlich. I have feared public speaking for a long time. I have always shaked and stumbled on my sentences and sayings. I am much better at writing what I feel than saying it unlike Mrs. Gerlich. I hope to break this fear in high school. I t is always when I am in front of a class that I get scared of talking. I can always talk with my friends like it is no big deal. Why do we have such a fear of speaking up in front of others? I believe we fear speaking in front of many because we fear making mistakes in front of them. Also having every one stare at me is a lit uncomfortable. I believe that speaking in front of a group should be like talking to friends: let back and easy but it is hard to do that if someone doesn't know the other that well. Public speaking the fear that goes around the world.

No comments: